Monday, September 1, 2014

Woe to the Drunkards of Ephraim

“Woe to the crown of pride, to the drunkards of Ephraim, whose glorious beauty is a fading flower, which are on the head of the fat valleys of them that are overcome with wine!” (Isa. 28:1)




“They are drunken, but not with wine; they stagger, but not with strong drink. For the Lord hath poured out upon you the spirit of a deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered.” (Isa. 29:9-10)




“But they also have erred through wine, and ...through strong drink are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are out of the way through strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble in judgment. For all tables are full of vomit and filthiness, so that there is no place clean.” Isaiah 28:7-8


“And I will tread down the people in my anger, and I will make them drunk in my fury....” (Isa. 63:6)






“The words of Isaiah are not plain unto you, nevertheless they are plain unto all those that are filled with the spirit of prophecy.” (2 Nephi 25:4)




“In the days that the prophecies of Isaiah shall be fulfilled, men shall know of a surety, at the times when they shall come to pass.” (2 Nephi 25:7)






“Behold, the Lord hath a mighty and strong one, which as a tempest of hail and a destroying storm, as a flood of mighty waters overflowing, shall cast down to the earth with the hand.” (Isa. 28:2)








---> The truth alone (brought by the light of the first fruits/servants in our day) is enough to bring down the pride and false teachings within the gentile kingdom. It has begun!

1 comment:

  1. This ties into what I was being taught during the last General Conference. When the Presiding Bishop started speaking the following came to me-

    In my mind the importance of being taught by Heaven and NOT by the precepts of men.

    Vomit came to mind. So I went straight to the topical guide and found the following scriptures:
    Prov 26:11 Isa 28:8 Johnah 2:10 2Pet 2:22 3Ne 7:8
    Woe to the drunkards of Emphraim

    Trust in the Lord.

    As he ended his talk, I was prompted not to add my "Amen" to his.

    I think this is the first time I have done that (not adding my amen) I did that a few more times during General Conference and again at church on Sunday during 3rd hour.

    I have been pondering "taking the Lord's name in Vain".
    Don't we do that when we close in Christ name after a testimony, lesson, prayer, or talk IF they are not in fact the word and will of Christ given to us?

    I read all your post. Sounds like you are also apart of the "Fellowship of the Suffering Christ." I am also awaiting the Perfect Day (D&C 93:1).

    ReplyDelete